Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Type: Run
Planned duration: 1:30...Actual 1:25 minutes
Planned distance: 9.25 miles...check :)

Type: Hike
Planned duration: 1hr...Actual 1:30 minutes
Planned distance: Edworthy Park loop (5miles)...I know I said I'd stop hikes on my long days!

Grocery Day!!!! I know I must be strange, but I love grocery day!


We got some organic beets, which I am going to juice! (1beet,1apple,1carrot,1pear,1celery stalk,1" ginger)
Great for Inflammation (maybe replace ice baths? maybe not...oh well one can wish) and some new studies supporting increased endurance due to better use of  O2. See links

Great natural anti-inflammatory
Boost Endurance

I also picked up some dried organic dates and figs,(organic so no sulfites!), and I am going to try using for fueling during my long runs (1.5hrs and longer). The refueling testing begins!!!
Quote:"Dates are the ideal simple sugar to consume during a long winter run. As the healthiest, all-natural simple carbohydrate, dates are not only easy to prepare into a power bar but they are also lightweight and taste great, two key attributes for longer runs. Consuming dates during your run will energize your cells into optimal performance while avoiding many of the unwanted additives and preservatives often found in many commercial energy bars and gels."
Adam Hart is a nutritional researcher, professional speaker, life coach and author. Hart is the founder of Power of Food, of Squamish, British Columbia.

After the grocery excursion we went to Edworthy for a Hike. The Douglas trail was a bit icy , but very enjoyable. It was overall a great day, ending with a glass of red wine at Moxie's..aaaah!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment