Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Temps improving!

Wednesday...7am

Ran 3 miles steady pace...26min
weights (upper and lower body)...60 minutes

Temperature is climbing! It was so sunny here today, but still only -14oC. I walked Tikka around our subdivision (3miles) just before supper and my legs were numb from the cold by the time I got home! I got to remember to wear my thermal running pants under my jeans when I go walking the dog...Brrrrr. Running is no problem with just my thermals, but walking is another story! Its amazing how much heat you generate by running. A few weeks ago I ran Edworthy park to Eau Claire market in -17oC. I was toasty warm until I got a stitch in my side  half way back and had to walk...well I really almost froze and my hair under my balaclava, which was wet from sweat, even froze...not a good scene! That's the difference between heat production from walking and running! I won''t forget bus change ever again :)

Weather forecast is predicting some +oC temps for the weekend so should be some good sloppy wet running

Cheers
Barb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment