Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cold Day -23 degrees Celsius


Tuesday 7am...my long day

Ran 7 miles slow steady pace and last 1/3 ran race pace..62 minutes

I am presently following Hal Higdon's Personal Best Training Program: This 30-week Personal Best Marathon Training Program is designed for runners who would like to improve their times, to achieve Peak Performance, to set a Personal Record (PR). It combines 12-week Intermediate Training Program with a 18-week Intermediate 1 Marathon Training Program. Each day, training peaks sends me an email telling me what to run and offering a training tip.Pretty motivational.
website: halhigdon.com.

I am in my 10th week of the 12 week portion and will start the 18 week marathon training in 2 weeks! wha whooo!!!....can't wait for those 15-20 milers!!

It was -15 degrees Celsius today ... with wind chill it was -23....BRRRRR and lots of ice fog making it very cold, wet and icy, (bad combination for running). So did my long run on Dreadmill. Calgary has been in the deep fridge since November, hope it warms to at least single digits -degrees soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment