Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday...lots of ice!!!

What a nice day!

At 5:30am I could not resist a run in +4 Celsius :).... So Tikka and I took off  to do the 3 mile loop around the subdivision ... until we realized most of the roads and sidewalks were all ice!!!! Yaktrak are great in snow but awful on ice! so, I ended up doing fartleks between the ice patches, which is not in the plan because it was suppose to be an easy 3 miler! We made it back to the house with no injuries in 27 minutes...a lot of tiptoeing on and around ice!So, I thought I would try again after work for a slow 3 miler, I was thinking all the ice might be melted with the high temps today!....But, no such luck! At 6:30pm there seemed to be more ice then in the morning. I think all the snow melted and revealed more ice :(...so Tikka and i did a 3 mile walk instead! So I got in 6 miles...I'll take it for today.


Tomorrow is suppose to be a rest day with weight, but, I think I will do an easy 3 miler on treadmill and then 60minute weights.


Have a great Sunday everyone
Barb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment