Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another nice one!
















Workout Type: X-Train
Planned duration: 0:30......Actual duration 1.5 hours at 7am (60 min prevention and 30min  upper body weights)
Hike with Trent and Tikka...1.5 hours

It didn't seem like I needed to rest after only an 8-miler yesterday,  but Hal's program said I will be thankful for this day of relative rest as the program continues. However, once I started my workout I couldn't stop at 30 mins...I just felt to good! So, I did 1.5 hours! I'll shorten this has my mileage increases.

Since we had another nice day We went for a hike up around Kincora and Symons Valley! Tikka loved it, since she was able to be off leash. But, about 45 minutes into the hike we came across a pack of coyotes in the distance, so we leashed Tikka back up and headed back home. Trent wasn't worried about us, but, Tikka may have look yummy to them, especially since food is probably scarce for them right now. So our 2 hr hike became a 1.5 hr one....still was great!

  

Did you know!!!....................Women running facts


In 1966, Roberta Gibb Bingay became the first woman to run the Boston Marathon, and she did so without a number, jumping into the race in Hopkinton after the approximately 500 male starters had passed. Only 44 years ago!

By 1975, female finishers at Boston represented 1.5 percent of the field (28 of 1,846 overall finishers). This is the year I was born :0...we have come a long way!

In the quarter century that followed, the marathon experienced many dramatic changes, none more dramatic than the emergence of women running 26 miles 385 yards.

By 2003, female finishers at Boston were increasing to 37 percent of the 17,030 total. In all U.S. marathons, women now comprise approximately 40 percent of the fields.

A few races--such as the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in San Diego--have a majority of women. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment