Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday is my Saturday which means... long run day


What a day :).....It was cold but the sun was a shining

Run--- a scheduled 8 miles at pace 9:10 (I am going to try and  keep my long days about 1 - 1.5 minutes slower than race pace)
Hike --- 2.5 hours (with Tikka and Trent). I doubt that I will do hikes on my long days when they get to 20 miles :)

We got groceries after my run at our organic market  www.blushlane.com in the SW.  They have a great selection of fresh organic meat and a variety of fresh, high quality organic produce! Correct me if I am wrong, but, it seems like this is the only market in Calgary  with fresh organic meat! We also go to Planet Organic, but all their meats are frozen. So, we drive from NW to SW every Tuesday for this rare find...but it is worth it!

Finished off the day with a lovely 3 onion quinoa and sauteed lemon chicken. I LOVE QUINOA---complete protein grain----can't ask for anything better. I have it for breakfast with some berries too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!See links below

Cheers:)

How to cook Quinoa
WHF food....I love this web site :)

No comments:

Post a Comment