Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday....Marathon Training begins...Let the mind be strong and the body will follow!

Today my Hal Higdon's 12-week Intermediate Spring Training Program ended and I start Hal Higdon's Personal Best Training Program ---18-week Intermediate 1 Marathon Training Program

I am scheduled to Run 3 miles at a comfortable pace. Sounds easy so far :) ;)...did it in 23 minutes. 
Then I followed up with Jillian's Metabolism boost DVD for 45 minutes...ouch, Ouch,OUCH *&%^*^  !!!! Those jump scissor squats are a killer!

Over the next 18 weeks, I will add only a few miles to my Thursday workouts. In Week 7, I'll do 4 miles. In week 11, I'll be up to 5 miles. By that time, I'll be so used to doing much longer runs on Fridays and Tuesdays, that a run of that distance will seem easy...hopefully!!!. It's all part of the progressive buildup of total mileage designed to get me ready to run 26 miles. I'm told not to be tempted to push the pace. Undertraining is often better than Overtraining. So, that may be something I will have to work on!!!!!!!

My Goal for this up coming Scotiabank Calgary marathon, (128 days away) is to finish between 3:55 and 4hr mark!...Okay its posted so now its a real goal...RIGHT?

1 comment: