Thursday, May 27, 2010

Final training days


Yesterday I had my last interval workout before the marathon. I did it on the treadmill so I would have a measured course and constant pace.

The goal was to fatigue myself with the duration of this workout not the speed.  The pace should have been moderately hard and it was more important to get faster with each repeat than to run fast in the first few and slow for the final few.I kept the pace constant, (maybe a little to fast...I was definitely at my VO2 max at the 200meter intervals :O)) but all went well and I finished with energy



Here is how it looked:
Cruise Interval Workout 

8.5 miles
30 minute Warm-Up (Treadmill, 1% incline, 9:45 pace)
4 X 1000 meters (1% incline, 7:54 pace) with 200 meter recovery jog between  (1% incline, 9:45 pace)
Followed by:
3 x 200m (1% incline, 7:05 pace) with 200m recovery jog (1% incline, 9:45 pace) 
30 minute Cool-down (1% incline with decrease in pace every 5 minutes until reach a brisk walk)

Today just a 40 minute easy run! and trying to keep the nerves under control! I am excited and anxious all at the same time! I'm still not sure what I will be wearing. I ran in a practice outfit last week but with the cold weather and possibility of rain on Sunday I don't think its going to work. So, I gotta get think on that!!!


Cheers..Nice shoes!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Barb,

    You are trying to keep the nerves under control? I diagnose a case of typical taperitis! You sound so prepared and ready! I forecast a great run and fun for you!

    Andra

    ReplyDelete