Friday, February 5, 2010

Beautiful day in Calgary!

Type: Run
Planned duration: 45 minutes....Actual 43mins ;) Avg pace 8:49 with Tikka wrapped around my waist! I think its a PR for her :)
Planned distance: 5 miles...5.75check :) (0.25 warm up and 0.5 cool down)


What a Beautiful day in Calgary! -8C and sunny.
Tikka and I went for my run at 8:30 in The City of Calgary: Baker Park.
2 loops around the park will get you 5 miles and that's what Hal had on my plan for today.

But, before going I mixed up my post workout smoothie in our Margaritaville DM1000 Frozen Concoction Maker!!The Best Blender Ever and poured it in a thermos so I'd have it in the car for my drive home!

So I got all geared up for the -8C and off we went.  One side of the park was all cleared paved trails and the other side was soft packed snow. I didn't have my yak's, but I really didn't need them. It ended up being a great run. We seen a few walkers but no runners! Tikka had an ice beard at the end of the run...which she was happy to lick off lol...That dog loves eating ice,ice cubes,snow!

Have a great week
















No comments:

Post a Comment