Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Grocery and meal prep day

Type: Run (7am)
Planned duration: 0:54...Actual 52mins
Planned distance: 6.0 miles

Type: Hike (Evening)
Planned duration: 2hrs....Actual time 2hrs
This is Hal's e-mail  to me this morning when I got up at 6am:
"Run 6 miles today at a comfortable pace. The difference between yesterday's 5-miler and today's 6-miler (despite the slight difference in distance) is that today you run slower. I don't want you trying to run fast during your long runs. Most important is that you cover the distance and cover it with a reasonable level of comfort. There is a cumulative effect from all the miles you run in training that is often difficult to measure, but your fitness level should be increasing. As mentioned above, this is a step back week where you drop down in distance. This is done every third week on long runs to offer you extra rest. Although today you run 6 miles, keep an invisible 10 in your mind, since we jump ahead to 11 miles next week.
If you have a friend who is a slower runner, this might be a good time to run with that person"

So, I did my 6 miles and physically felt great! But I mentally felt somewhat  guilty that it was only 6 miles??? hmmm...

Today was grocery day and here are some things I picked up to make my stock soup!!! I have been making stock soup and freezing it in 2 cup batches to make some busy meal times a little easier. I usually will add a side protein source such as chick peas, baked/grilled chicken, etc and a carb if needed, (WW bun, quinoa, etc)! to make a quick complete meal. We also cooked up some chicken & bison to have available in the fridge for a quick wrap, salad, etc!
Even though we cooked all this, we decided to have salmon and asparagus for supper! Then a 2 hr hike!















Chapters was calling my name today, so I went to "pay" them a visit! They were probably happy because I came away with all of this!!! The advance marathoning 2nd edition is awwwwwesome!!!! So, my night stand will be full for another week or two ;)

The Oxygen magazine was a special collectors edition so I had to buy it, I have a subscription for the regular monthly one! I also have RW subscription that my mom-in-law gave me has a birthday gift but it is the UK version...I guess she  accidentally ordered the UK Runners World online and now they can't switch it to the US version!! So, I end up buying the US editions because they do have some different articles...that's why you see it here! The UK one is good too!!!

Cheers:)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment